What we collect
Landypoint stores personal data provided by clients with their consent. By doing this, we create a lawful contract with you to supply goods and services according to your wishes.
- contact information including email address
An address for delivery which may or may not be their own
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Type of vehicle
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
- S.A.S. Landypoint is the “data controller” of all the information collected about Landypoint customers. This refers to the team working at Landypoint, 82, Rue Jean Duconge, 16410 Garat, france.
- Mr Kim Gilbert heads that team and may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0545 622 720.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
On-going Management of Personal Data
- The contact details provided by clients will be stored and used by Landypoint for the delivery of further goods while that person is a customer of Landypoint.
- The contact details will be used for mail-merge “Mailchimp”.
- Landypoint will store the contact details while the client continues to be a customer or throughout the life of the company after which that information will be deleted in accordance with French law.
Security of Personal Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Landypoint is committed to protecting personal data in the following ways:
- Each member of staff is aware of their own responsibility in protecting the personal data of clients.
- Computers storing personal data are locked when unattended.
- Personal information recorded on paper is transferred at the first opportunity to the computer and then shredded.
- Computers are protected with up-to- date Fire-wall.
- The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
In cases where the security of Personal Data is compromised
The staff at Landypoint exercise caution and vigilance when working with all personal information. They understand how the safety of that information may be compromised and take all appropriate action to prevent that from happening.
- Should there be any breaches, they will be investigated and logged.
- Staff will report breaches where freedom and rights may be put at risk, to relevant authorities, including the OCI, within 72 hours.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
- When directed by a client, Landypoint will update or change contact details according to the client’s instructions.
- The client has the right to ask to see the information held about them on computer.
- They may ask for a copy of that information.
- They may instruct Landypoint to delete it.
- They may transfer data to another party in an electronically useable format.
Law Enforcement Requests & Disclosures
In certain circumstances, it is permitted that Personal Data be shared without the knowledge or Consent of a Data Subject. This is the case where the disclosure of the Personal Data is necessary for any of the following purposes:
- The prevention or detection of crime.
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
- The assessment or collection of a tax or duty
- By the order of a court or by any rule of law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Loi Informatiques et Liberté 1978 A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|